The Legacy of Srinivasa Ramanujan Competition
The University announces a competition open to all the students who are enrolled in any undergraduate course at the University of Delhi.
- The contest will be held among teams of five students each.
- The groups participating in the contest will have to choose one of two problems listed below and submit the project on one of the problems November 20, 2012.
- Design and implement an Encryption/Decryption scheme based on affine cipher for plain text in Devnagari (Unicode) communicating message in Hindi. Develop a solver for this which solves /helps to solve the crypt when the encryption parameters (key) is not known.
- Given a plain text-cipher text pair (of characters 200 or less), retrieve the Playfair matrix.
- The project may be submitted in form of a CD or as printed material (or both) with a forwarding letter by the Head of the institution/ Principal of the college to the following address
Prof. Ajay Kumar
Dean Research (PS & MS)
University of Delhi
Delhi- 110 007.
The submission should include a detailed description of the methods/algorithms used and the implementation software (preferably in C/C++) with full source code (with platform, system, memory requirements etc) and test vectors.The softwares submitted should be bugs/errors free. Analysis of complexity of the algorithm will be awarded additional marks.
The submissions will be evaluated by a panel of judges appointed by the University and shortlisted teams will be asked to present their work before the panel. The final decision will be based on the evaluation of the submissions and presentation.
- Three groups selected by the panel of judges will be visiting the Institute of Mathematical Sciences and places where Ramanujan worked at in Chennai and Isaac Newton Centre at Trinity College, Cambridge in June, 2013. These visits will be sponsored by the University of Delhi. The names of the awarded groups will be announced on December 22, 2012 at the venue of the International Conference on "Legacy of Srinivasa Ramanujan".
In case of any query, please contact
Dr. Mukund Madhav Mishra